Institute of Civil Engineering and Architecture
Full-time: 4 years
In general, the program focuses students on deep knowledge in the field of modern trends in innovative development of design, diagnostics, monitoring, maintenance, reliability, survivability, and safety management of various critical smart multi-element and network building infrastructures.
During the period of study, a postgraduate student studies a foreign language, history and philosophy of science, a special science – infranetics. The postgraduate student also conducts theoretical and experimental numerical research, prepares publications, participates in scientific conferences, schools and seminars.
- Master's degree in a related field (or equivalent);
- Research proposal and CV;
- Basic knowledge in the field of structural mechanics and theory of structures, probability theory, mathematical statistics, programming;
- Strong motivation and creativity;
- Exam and interview;
- Сonsent of the potential supervisor based on the results of the interview (recommended)
Research is focused on the development of methods for solving practically important problems of ensuring reliability, survivability, risk assessment and safety of modern construction projects at all stages of their life cycle.
- Employment as a researcher in research institutes, public and private universities.
- Employment in industries related to ensuring the safety of critical and strategically important construction sites and infrastructures.
- Work at the largest enterprises in the Russian Federation and abroad
"Reliability and resource of large systems and machines", Ural branch of RAS